Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum)
Out of all the essential oils I know, Helichrysum essential oil is one of the most experienced healers.
It knows how to heal bruises, wounds and skin issues, and how to reduce scar tissue. It also knows about reducing inflammation, swelling, muscle and joint pain, and even respiratory issues.
Helichrysum essential oil is an expert in many kinds of cellular repair.
One of the places where Helichrysum grows is the island of Corsica. When I was there visiting my friend, a distiller named Michelle, she told me that Corsica has been fought over many times, and both the land and the people have experienced many war wounds. She feels that Helichrysum grows all over the island in such abundance to help the people who live there heal from the wounds of these wars. That’s such a beautiful expression of Helichrysum’s personality.
In this Spotlight, I'll share ways you can use Helichrysum essential oil to:
- Make a restorative clay face mask
- Keep your skin hydrated with a hydrosol spritz
- Rejuvenate damaged skin with a Helichrysum face wash
- Make a skin-soothing, healing body butter
- Make an injury oil for muscles and joints
- Make a skin-healing clay pack for irritated, inflamed areas of skin